Online IRS Tax Extension Forms
Tax Extension Forms page for filing an IRS Tax Extension and extending your time to file a tax return by 6 months.
Special tax extension rules may apply if you are:
- living outside the United States
- Out of the country when your 6-month extension expires,
- Serving in a combat zone or a qualified hazardous duty area.
See IRS Publication 17, Your Federal Income Tax, for more information on the rules for automatic extensions and federal tax filing.
Personal Extension IRS Form 4868
Single Member LLC's
Schedule C Sole Proprietorships
Business Extension IRS Form 7004
Estates and Trust Funds
Form 4868, IRS Tax Extension Application for Automatic Extension of Time To File U.S. Individual Income Tax Return.
Tax Extensions for Corporations, Partnerships, REMICs, and Certain Trusts
- Form 7004, Application for Automatic Extension of Time To File Certain Business Income Tax, Information, and Other Returns
- Form 1138, Extension of Time for Payment of Taxes by a Corporation Expecting a Net Operating Loss Carry-back
Other eFile Tax Extension Forms
- Form 2350 Application for Extension of Time to File U.S. Individual Income Tax Return (For U.S. Citizens and Resident Aliens Abroad Who Expect To Qualify for Special Tax Treatment)
- Form 4768 Application for Extension of Time to File a Return and/or Pay U.S. Estate (and Generation-Skipping Transfer) Taxes
- Form 5558 Application for Extension of Time to File Certain Employee Plan Returns
- Form 8809 Application for Extension of Time to File Information Returns
- Form 8868, Application for Extension of Time To File an Exempt Organization Return.
- Form 8892, Application for Automatic Extension of Time to File Form 709 and/or Payment of Gift/Generation-Skipping Transfer Tax.