Online IRS Tax Extension Forms
Tax Extension Forms page for filing an IRS Tax Extension and extending
your time to file a tax return by 6 months.
Special tax extension rules may apply if you are:
- living outside the United States
- Out of the country when your 6-month extension expires,
- Serving in a combat zone or a qualified hazardous duty area.
Publication 17, Your Federal Income Tax, for more information on
the rules for automatic extensions and federal tax filing.
Personal Extension IRS Form 4868
Single Member LLCs
Schedule C Sole Proprietorships
Business Extension IRS Form 7004
Estates and Trust Funds
Form 4868, IRS Tax Extension Application for Automatic Extension
of Time To File U.S. Individual Income Tax Return.
IRS Tax Extension Forms
Tax Extensions for Corporations, Partnerships, REMICs, and Certain
- Form 7004, Application for Automatic Extension of Time To File
Certain Business Income Tax, Information, and Other Returns
- Form 1138, Extension of Time for Payment of Taxes by a Corporation
Expecting a Net Operating Loss Carryback
Other eFile Tax Extension Forms
- Form 2350 Application for Extension of Time to File U.S. Individual
Income Tax Return (For U.S. Citizens and Resident Aliens Abroad
Who Expect To Qualify for Special Tax Treatment)
- Form 4768 Application for Extension of Time to File a Return
and/or Pay U.S. Estate (and Generation-Skipping Transfer) Taxes
- Form 5558 Application for Extension of Time to File Certain
Employee Plan Returns
- Form 8809 Application for Extension of Time to File Information
- Form 8868, Application for Extension of Time To File an Exempt
- Form 8892, Application for Automatic Extension of Time to File
Form 709 and/or Payment of Gift/Generation-Skipping Transfer Tax.
for a IRS Tax Extension today to lock in your Oct 15th filing deadline
Got a bit of extra time? Try top rated tax software from
H&R Block. File Now! and Get it Over
An average return takes just minutes.